[SML] Page system

tech dept tech.dept2016 at yandex.com
Fri Feb 1 03:37:01 UTC 2019

What's missing is the speaker cable.
I would definitely stay away from any version of 'zip-cord' and go with a proven/durable 18 gauge 2 conductor stranded cable with an overall jacket (18-2) with at least a "riser" (eg 18-2 cl-2r) rating (plenum is the next rating but expensive). Universities and colleges can get sticky about 70 volt or 100 volt speaker systems and may force you down to a 25 volt distributed system). Mind the wattage taps. I see no need to go over 2.5 watt / speaker but if you go higher, please leave a buffer between the total wattages used and the amplifier rating. (I use 20% so as to not overload the amplifier due to losses in the system)
IF your college requires conduit... well, call for an electrician. I've run into those before.