[SML] Very portable flats

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Fri Jan 11 20:21:00 UTC 2019

Tagging onto Greg Bierly’s idea, if this show is going to tour for a long while you could combine the aluminum extrusions with having your original artwork printed onto vinyl and attaching to your aluminum frames with Velcro, plastic clips or what have you.  The frames could break down if necessary and the material with your art could be removed and transported safely in a tube. Should one get damaged, a new one could be printed and would be available shortly with the exact same artwork.  I don’t know how any of this meshes with your budget, of course.

Our Arts Center has some of the roll-up from the bottom displays, and they don’t seem like they’d be durable enough to tour well, in addition to the issues you’ve already mentioned.

- Jim Dougherty
Middlebury College Theatre Dept.