[SML] Corrugated Fasteners - Opinions and Experience

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Wed Jan 16 20:10:17 UTC 2019

I agree with Steve Rees – Skotch (look for them with the ‘k’ otherwise you’re going down the 3M rabbit hole) fasteners are better than corrugated (hand application only), though they may be hard to find; when your first hits on Google are eBay, you know you’re in trouble.  Corrugated fasteners tend to split the wood IME.  For pneumatic tools, we use the 1” wide crown staples Steve mentioned.  If they’re only on one side and not under corner blocks, you can get them out if need be.  Senco makes the tools we use.  We have leg lengths longer than 5/8” for use with 5/4 or 2x material and we generally supplement with corner blocks in any case.

- Jim Dougherty
Middlebury College Theatre Dept.