[SML] Painting Chrome

Kate Stack k8stack at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 16:58:10 UTC 2019

I highly recommend Modern Masters metallic paints. You'll still want to
prime over something shiny, but they're pretty thick and heavy duty; they
have great coverage. English Brown is always in my distressing kit.

https://www.modernmasters.com/landing/homeowners/brands/mpc

I like the satin shimmer finish for faux metal.

And I'd just use a matte black spray primer over chrome. There aren't many
parts of a wheelchair that see heavy impact that would chip them. I'd
probably toss a piece of dark wood over the footrests to avoid painting
them and make it feel a bit older.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 10:17 PM jdunfee12--- via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> On Monday, January 14, 2019, 7:06:24 PM EST, June Abernathy via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> >I would be concerned that without any ornamental character to your metal
> tubing, your
> > black spray paint job will look a lot less like wrought iron and a lot
> more like black spray
> > paint on a modern chair. I’d definitely go with a copper color spray
> paint
>
> I was planning to use some flat black spray paint, and deliberately
> splatter some, to add a bit of texture. I do generally prefer the idea of
> brass/bronze, but I was afraid the transparent, colored, paints I found may
> not wear well, and soon start to flake off.  Then I would have a mess on my
> hands.
>
> I do see that there are some copper paints.  Then, I do see the value of
> using the black primer as my base, and then adding the copper on top.
>
> Thank you for your suggestion.
>
> -Joe Dunfee

Kate Stack

Props Master