[SML] Mic stand rack plans

Mark Thomason blackfaer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 04:32:46 UTC 2019

Anyone have plans for a mic and speaker stand rack? Preferably one with wheels.

Joel Harari

-- So I don’t have plans but years ago we bought a bunch of 4” pvc pipe, cut it into 3’ lengths, screwed them all together in a box shape and set it on some ¾” ply with casters, put a 1x3 bracket around the outside and added a handle. So from the top it looked like:

OOOOO

OOOOO--I

OOOOO

Not sure if my Ascii drawing will parse your email but figured it’s worth a shot. Pretty basic and simple and works great for Ultimate Support speaker stands and standard folding mics, and mics with round bases we did a separate rack that looked like two railings and alternated mics sitting upright with mics hanging upside down from the railings. Wish I had pictures but neither were complex or super specialized and both were fabulous in use.

-Mark Thomason