[SML] Room limits

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 01:44:11 UTC 2019

Dear Glenn,
The rule is normally one seat for every 35 square feet area of non-fixed
seating area without blocking minimum width aisles with seating no more
than eight seats at not exceeding 34" back to back on the path to the
nearest legal aisle.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 5:49 PM Bill Conner via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Fixed seats is the basis for auditorium. The stage has a separate occupant
> load factor - memory failing if its 15 sf or 25 sf.  These are mostly the
> basis for calculating the minimum required egress and the limits can be
> higher if there is enough egress.
>
> On Sun, Jun 2, 2019, 7:06 PM Glenn Hoit via Stagecraft <
> stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello listers,
>>
>> Recently, at one of our sister high schools, a complaint was filed to the
>> local fire department about how many patrons were being allowed into the
>> facility. The school was cited, and in the ensuing discussion the following
>> questions were raised:
>>
>>    - 1)  Is the "maximum number allowed" that is posted on the wall only
>>    referencing the number in the audience, or does that number include
>>    audience + actors + tech?
>>    - 2). Is the maximum number allowed determined by the number of
>>    physical seats in the Hall?
>>    -
>>    - Thanks for your input,
>>    - Glenn Hoit