[SML] Friend of (redacted)

Mike Katz narishkup at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 21:55:24 UTC 2019

<rant on >This is a business that requires a strong dose of self reliance
and initiative. As Herrick pointed out, Google is our friend. It is one
thing if a student is not aware that our field exists, it is another to
write someone for advice before doing any research on your own. Sorry if
that sounds harsh, and I certainly have given many hours of my time to
mentor people interested in our crazy little world, but it has to start
with self responsibility.  <Rant off>