[SML] rakes

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Fri May 31 17:06:24 UTC 2019

Dear Dick,
Don't 'Cats' ratio, but For liability purposes, 1/4":12" is the safest
under the Uniform Building Code, as it is the minimum rake for drainage on
roofs, so you should be able to beat any Workman's Compensation claim if
you use that ratio and a worker falls.
/s/ Richard, Esq.

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 8:48 AM Richard John Archer via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> anybody know what the rake for Cats was?  Was that the last time Equity
> tried to institute  guidelines??  Is there a recommended maximum pitch???
>   I’ve always stopped at 1:12, like ADA  and done the Equity notification
> above 1/2” per ft  .   Just wondering.  Thinking about a rake here for a
> show next year and we are no longer under Equity rules but I still want
> some pushback depending on design. (no , we are not doing Cats)
>
> DickA
> TD, Cornell U

/s/ Richard
_________