[SML] cringeworthy jokes

Dan Sheehan dsheehan.sml at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 14:52:47 UTC 2019

I remember "little moron" jokes.
Bssically identical to the many
   "dumb  (hair color, ancestral nationality origin, ethnicity, ...)"
 jokes
except avoided direct identity stereotyping.
Wasn't intended to be P.C.  but worked
 (unless, of course, you happened to actually BE a little moron,
 in which case you probably wouldn't get it anyway).

oops
I'll just shut up now.

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 2:56 AM Judy Kupferman via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Somebody write " Regarding the "Hang the blacks" joke, the very reason the
> story is funny is because it is cringe-worthy.?
> If anything, it emphasized the fact that there was a time when this was an
> acceptable thing for some groups of men to be saying, and that this is
> cringe-worthy. "
>
> No, I disagree - to check how I felt, I substituted a joke about Jews. And
> then, especially considering the climate in some places today, it felt
> awful.
>
> Judy

...Dan Sheehan
Fixer of things that break