[SML] Aurora Borealis effect

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 16:40:04 UTC 2019

Dunno if this’d work for you or not - hell, what do I know? I’m a mere
rigger...

If you’ve got some clear stage area upstage or in a wing, tape down a piece
of mirror Mylar flat to the floor, but not *completely* taped down, gel up
a Source4 with a suitable green/teal/blue gel (Lee089?) and focus it to
bounce off the Mylar sheet onto your sky drop, and then (here’s the fun
part) aim a slow-blowing fan at the untaped edges of the Mylar, to get it
wiggling. Experiment around with slow fan speeds, various taping schemes,
and &c. Until you get your desired Aurora effect.

S’just a thought. Hey, it might even work...

--
Dave Vick
517-749-3859