[SML] [EXTERNAL] Re: Old joke request

Rob Graham photonguide at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 11:34:18 UTC 2019

That’s carrying things a bit too far. Use a bowline, and put a statement in
the program that the “noose like knot” is not one, and that the use of said
knot is in line with the classic association with the board game.

Of course, next someone will find offense at THAT.

There’s cultural insensitivity; this is not a case of that. If it’s clearly
stated “we are not using this image to intimidate, offend, or demean,” then
I don’t personally see an issue with it.

YMMV

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 12:13 AM Kristi R-C via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> There's a time and place for just about everything. On a stage loading in
> and the head carp says "we're goin to hang the blacks next" and the folks
> on stage will know what he means and that there is no nefarious intent.
> Around civilians we need to watch our language to make it clear that there
> is no nefarious intent.
>
> FWIW, a HS colleague was told she couldn't have a noose on stage in her
> production of Clue. I suggested a bowline, but the admin thinks it looks
> too much like a noose. I think she's going to drop the show and find
> something else.
>
> Kristi R-C

Sent from Gmail Mobile