[SML] Importing an ascii text file into LightWright 5?

Jeff Forbes jforbes1956 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 18:57:43 UTC 2019

I am often exporting an ascii soft patch from LightWright 5 and merging it with a .esf show file in order to patch the console, but I find myself needing to go the other direction and generate a LightWright file from the console. I have a show file from an Ion with just the patch on it, and exported that to a .asc file. What I haven’t been able to figure out is how to import that into a new LightWright file. If I use the “Import data” command in LightWright that .asc file is grayed out and I can’t touch it. I’m using LightWright 5 which doesn’t have the new console link feature.

Thanks,