[SML] Gluing printed vinyl onto scenery....

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Thu Sep 12 00:15:25 UTC 2019

Howdy....

Many times I've done printed vinyl (a la banner material, or billboard
material or mesh) and have glued it to hard scenery using contact
cement.  That works well, but since some pieces are freakishly large,
it's tough, even impossible, to put it down without a wrinkle, bubble,
or crooked.....

Is there another adhesive method that would hold the vinyl to wood,
but have some 'open time' (unlike contact cement) so the stuff can be
smoothed, or manipulated?

I've tried a mixture of Elmer's white glue (and water) when gluing
down some vinyl mesh, and it worked some, but the edges notoriously
came loose. Haven't tried the white glue with solid vinyl (banner
material) - because I'm sure that won't hold well at all.

Thoughts?

 - Jon

--
Jon Ares