[SML] Did someone say Kid? A Long Overdue Update

Ryan Mutton ryan.mutton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:38:45 UTC 2020

Welcome to the list, Abbey. I showed up here some 12 years ago and haven't
left. It's a good bunch of folks.
FYI:  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8158?hl=en

To everyone else, Hi! It's been a minute so here's an update for anyone
playing along at home.

I have a very expensive piece of paper above my desk from Ithaca College
that says I know how to do theatre, my first Broadway check tucked into
that frame, and a Local 1 Apprentice card in my wallet.

-Moved to NYC in January of 2015
-Freelanced off-Broadway for a year and a half and then found a full time
gig drafting lighting systems for TV studios.
-Took the Local 1 test in '16, got placed as an apprentice at NBC/30 Rock
in the electric shop last January. Still there for the foreseeable future.

I miss theatre a lot but there's something nice about an 8a-4p 40 hour
week.

NBC cut down to the bone so I was sent home on the 19th. My girlfriend and
I are hunkered down in our apartment cooking and baking to pass the time.
My current big project is my new sourdough starter.

Last week I sous-vided a brisket and finished it in the oven. BBQ sacrilege
or way of the future?

Stay healthy, all.
rdm

--