[SML] [ADV] Re: Telephone line simulator

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Fri Apr 10 20:57:22 UTC 2020

Shouldn't be that hard to do, I designed some POTS phone line interfaces
WAY back in the 80s that were pretty simple.  If you want nice clean
sine wave ringing that's a little harder, but with modern Arduous
compatible boards being cheap it shouldn't be too hard.

It used to be you could buy ready to go central office telephone line
interface modules pretty cheaply but I have no idea if you can still buy
them.  I do have a PAPER copy of the infamous "BOC Notes on the LEC
Networks" from Bell if anyone would like any info from there.*

* I used to be chief hardware engineer for a company making central
office stuff and also co-founded a computer voice over POTS company.
This was back when dinosaurs still used tin cans with strings.

On 4/10/20 1:47 PM, Don Taco via Stagecraft wrote:
> Well, for us little guys down in the low-budget trenches, there has never been an affordable unit, in my opinion. We were lucky enough to have a savvy volunteer rebuild a phone company unit from the 1950s, and we can plug a phone into that.  No frills, no options.

Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc. +1 408-356-3886
www.DurandInterstellar.com & www.Durandinterstellar.ru