[SML] Do you have a successful invention?

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Wed Apr 29 18:21:53 UTC 2020

Be careful of the manufacturer for the pilot run.  A device I have a
patent on died because the funding people chose poorly and the
manufacturing company couldn't actually build working units.

On 4/29/20 11:09 AM, christopher R. pike via Stagecraft wrote:
> I respect the fact that people who use this list have a wide range of
> experiences, which is why I'm writing here.
>
> I'm potentially going to file for a patent and fabricate a prototype
> of an invention (actually, the plan is, fabricate first, file patent
> second).  I would present this prototype to companies with the
> capability to manufacture and market, and hopefully license this
> product to such a company.  I have a quote from an engineering company
> for the fabrication of the first prototype, and it isn't cheap.
> (Filing for the patent if much less cost that fabrication.)  Before I
> pull the plug on this, I was wondering if I could get some advise from
> anybody who might have successfully filed for a patent, created a
> product, and marketed it.
>
> ps. This plan was in motion before the virus.
>
> Thanks.

Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc. +1 408-356-3886
www.DurandInterstellar.com & www.Durandinterstellar.ru