[SML] Super glue doesn't work. What does?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Sun Feb 9 17:34:03 UTC 2020

Ok, so I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've
gotten super glue (CA glue) to actually attach two items together, and
actually have them stay together.  (Except two fingers - always works
there.)

My latest attempt was two pieces of PLA (3d print).  Flat surface.
Two drops.... held for 30 seconds, then carefully set it down on the
workbench, and 2 hours later, I pick it up and it falls apart. And the
two drops of glue were even still a bit wet.

I've tried the gel-style CA glue as well, when I was concerned there
might be a bit of uneven/gap-ness, and same result - just falls apart.
Story of my life with this stuff.

I've tried all the brands, too.

What is out there that isn't too goopy, sets up relatively fast, and
really holds?  I ended up using some E6000 glue on that 3d-printed
part, but only because that's what I had on-hand in the shop yesterday
(other than hot glue, construction adhesive, or wood glue).... but I
don't like the 24-hour drying time of E6000 for something like this.

Thoughts?

 - Jon

--
Jon Ares