[SML] Favorite Disto Tool

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 22:12:45 UTC 2020

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 4:24 PM Nancy Christian via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Looking for a laser distance measurer w/ area and volume, continuous.
>
>  Looking at the Extech DT100M.
>
>  What’s your fav?

I’m not familiar with Extech...

I have a little Bosch thingummy  that’s alledged to be a disto, that never
fails to disappoint. It’s only saving grace is that when it fails, which is
inevitable, I’m not out too much money.

My go-to is Leica. My Leica Disto A5 has served me admirably on several
tours. I suspect it’s been discontinued but I’m certain one can find NOS or
gently-used examples for sale online or in eBay.

Bottom line: if you have the price of admission(and that can be
surprisingly affordable), Leica is the Rolls-Royce of laser distos.

...And friends don’t let friends use Bosch. Just sayin’.

> --
Dave Vick
517-749-3859
Sent from my #%!^¥? iPhone