[SML] Favorite Disto Tool

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Tue Feb 25 22:12:21 UTC 2020

Joe Dunfee wrote:

    On a related note, are there any distance meters out there, that have an application to integrate it into a drawing program.  I have long hoped there would some day be a simple device, that would just scan a room, and quickly produce a usable 2D drawing. But, that seems to be one of those elusive things that the marketing folks love to talk about.

I saw a device like that on a forensic anthropology documentary called "Bones" and I think the gummint has something like that they let their CSI labs use, but I haven't seen anything that reliable and integrated in real life.  I'd ask for 2D as well as 3D - might as well ask for the moon.

- Jim Dougherty
Middlebury College Theatre Dept.