[SML] Tips for Painting a concrete stage floor

Dan Sheehan dsheehan.sml at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 16:56:16 UTC 2020

just a thought, for the 2 cents it may be worth
Context:
non-profit community theatre, ~ 30 x 28 stage area, wooden flooring planks
~ 3" wide running US-DS
Painted for almost every show, usually monochrome, sometimes art eg.
woodgrain, stone, tile,  ..
.
A few decades ago painted it brown rather than black to soften and warm it
for that one show;
don't think it's been black more than one handful of times since.
Usually dark brown , sometimes reddish, sometimes medium to darkish grey.
Often  satin/matte, sometimes flat,   rarely semigloss.

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 10:35 AM Mike Katz via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I have to agree with the preference for a satin finish over a flat finish.
> It is much easier to clean and IMHO looks much better on stage. The sheen
> is not so high that you would have big reflection problems.
> Mike

...Dan Sheehan
Fixer of things that break
TD Walpole (MA) Footlighters