[SML] [EXTERNAL] Re: curring threads

Jeffrey Kanyuck JKanyuck at Harford.edu
Fri Jul 10 21:11:12 UTC 2020

THEE show which made me hate glitter so much was the Miss Alaska Pageant in 1980 or 1981. It was a standard 2000 seat proscenium style theater with a fly loft and grid to match.
I was just a spot op on the show but, attended high school which the theater was attached to, so all of the high school performances were also in this theater.

Whomever was in charge of the pageant felt it was a great finale to take 6 55 gallon garbage bags full of 1/4" glitter to the grid and drop let loose with the entire 6 bags full from there at the end of the event.

Needless to say it covered everything on the way down. the grid, electrics, battens, a  multitude of curtains, lighting fixtures, the stage floor, in the floor pockets, the performers......

It kept falling for years. It was still in places when I went back to visit the technicians in charge before I left Alaska in 2004.
.....did I mention I hate it? The technicians there at the time weren't there during that show. They had learned to hate it, also.

Jeff Kanyuck