[SML] Covid killed my job. Back to freelancing and/or other...

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 19:42:27 UTC 2020

Dear Scott,
There are a lot of people in your situation. I find myself having to
advise clients against.bringing in additional 'gig' employees because of
the risk of Workmans Compensation and other claims from persons who
claim that they were exposed to Covid 19 on a client's worksite. There is
no legal 'safe harbor' as of today. As for me, this is my fiftieth
consecutive year [1970-2020] without a successful Workman's Compensation or
Disability claim against any of my Theatres, and I want to continue.that
'winning streak'. I also pay a premium for bonded and self-insured workers.
/s/ Richard Niederberg, Esq.

9

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 11:36 AM Stephen Litterst via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> So sorry to hear that.  A little surprised, too as I’d think the install
> side of IMS could use your skills until events pick back up.
>

> Stephen Litterst
> ETCP - Certified Entertainment Electrician
> slitterst at gmail.com
>

> On Jun 12, 2020, at 8:59 AM, Scott C. Parker via Stagecraft <
> stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
> Like so many others in our world, It's come to pass that my full time gig
> has fallen victim to the current Covid crises. It's been a terrific ride at
> IMS and I've learned a tremendous amount about the Corporate Events world.
> Obviously the next 6-12 months are going to be rough for everyone in our
> circles.
>
> If I can be of help to anyone, I have some free time on my hands.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Scott
>
> Scott C. Parker
> Lighting Designer http://scpld.com/ Studio 212-533-3430  Cell
> 718-757-6661
> http://twitter.com/stageseminars
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/lightingdesigner
> USA829, IES, PLASA, USITT, ETCP certified Rigger & Electrician

/s/ Richard
_________