[SML] Using ozone generators in a theatre

Daniel Ayers dan at danayers.net
Wed Jun 24 16:41:36 UTC 2020

Thank you Noah for directing me to the settings error so I can finally post
again,

The problem with Ozone, is it's theoretical.
Instead, use Viricide fog; which is widely available from vendors who
supply auto mechanics lube. Certified labs is one company; Checkmark is one
manufacturer.

This stuff is distributed at a large scale by running it through Ski Resort
snow guns and it's what is used to sanitize large areas such as industrial
manufacturing complexes. Yes it can be used to sanitize an auditorium
between showings. Marriott uses it to sanitize hotel rooms between uses as
well. You can go as large as a snow gun on the back of a pickup truck or as
small as a notebook sized handheld device Which is what marriott does.
Don't use your Ultratec fog machine as you don't want to heat it up thus
changing the chemical composition.

Whatever you do, make sure you have the paperwork showing whatever product
you use certified for the application you're using it for; if someone gets
sick you want a paper trail that doesn't end with "Well I thought it was a
good idea at the time".

Dan Ayers
MS CTS ETCP GSP