[SML] [EXTERNAL] Is everyone still ok?

Bill Potter bpotter at sps.edu
Tue Mar 31 18:38:04 UTC 2020

Things are pretty low key here in NH. The Snooty New England Boarding School (SNEBS) where I work has gone to distance learning for (at least) the first 5 weeks of Spring Term. I’m thinking that’ll put an end to both our Spring Dance performances and our Spring One Acts.

I’m basically alone in our theatre complex with both of our theatre teachers working from home. Our dance folks teach via Zoom from the dance building and I see them occasionally on the way to pick up lunch. (Our dining hall is closed to sit down meals but we can go up and pick up “Gran and Go” to take away.)

I’m tidying and planning some shop/theatre upgrades along with starting to take a look at my list of deferred maintenance. Now that I can take the lighting system offline for and extended period, it might be time to re-circuit the rep plot in our proscenium theatre… Maybe look at some of the ETC online training resources and finally learn how to properly use our digital mixing boards.

Today has been particularly unproductive. Might go home early and get some work done on the roof sheathing for the new garage!

Be safe, wash your hands.

Cheers,