[SML] Seating platforms

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Tue May 12 19:13:32 UTC 2020

Ooo, a bandwagon!

Me, too.  We have used StageRight risers in our spaces for the last 25+ years, with most of the original units still in use, looking good and ready to go.  Parts are available and smaller unit components (3x6 and under) are one-person portable.  Not so with the 4x8s.  They've changed small details over the years, all for the better.  Ours use a (custom?) 7" rise which fits into certain aspects of our theater's architecture, and we build our own odd-shaped bits to work with the supports or risers as needed.  Happy to give more commentary if you need it.

If there's a gripe, it's that the storage/transport carts aren't ideal though they _are_ built like masonry sanitary facilities.

- Jim Dougherty
Middlebury College Theatre Department
(Though the above opinions are mine, I say, mine alone!)