[SML] Checking in, saying Yo!

David Fox David.Fox at etcconnect.com
Mon Nov 9 14:50:30 UTC 2020

[Uncloaking]

Hi all checking in from Madison Wisconsin. Contested votes, gerrymandered to the max and COVID hotspot aside, things are going well.

As for LED's I have some pretty biased opinions, but putting those aside, I would say that these are the things to look at when choosing a replacement to what you have.

1. Color consistency across multiple fixtures. Set 3 to the same vales. Are they the same color?
2. Ease of use and programing on whatever console you use. Is there a profile in your desk? Can you control them?
3. Compatibility with communication protocols like DMX without having to jump through hoops. RDM is a big plus here as is not needing some additional box to translate protocols.
4. A decent warranty OR cheap enough to throw away. You get what you pay for. If you can afford to scrap it, you probably don't want it in your space.
5. Look at power consumption and vampire loading. Some fixtures use as much power as the incandescent they are replacing. This is a biggie.

Again, I admit bias
[BLATENT COMMERCIAL POST BEGINS]
we make a good range of fixtures are multiple price points that meet all of the above criteria.
[BLATENT COMMERCIAL POST ENDS]

Hope you and yours are well.
Don't touch your face

David Fox
It is important to remember that at times there is a distinction between speaking for yourself and speaking for your employer. In my posts on this site my words are my own. If you take issue with my musings and opinions, it is I you should take to task and not the nice people who pay me.

[Cloaking]