[SML] vector to raster

Mick Alderson mick.alderson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 14:03:38 UTC 2020

My method of late has been to use Google Docs. Scan hardcopy and/or
screenshot a page to a JPG or PNG and upload the resulting image to Google
Drive. Then Right click|Open with|Google Docs and a new Doc file will open
containing the original image and the extracted text. It will need
formatting and editing (font colors are pretty creative and sometimes the
text is white-on-white) but the OCR process is actually pretty accurate. It
has even extracted hand-printed material, but cursive not so well.

It's a page at a time, so some assembly is required.

Mick Alderson
IATSE 470
USITT Midwest Section

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 6:07 PM Jerry Durand via Stagecraft