[SML] Text Projection for LifeSpan of a Fact

Steven Mclean stevenjmclean at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 13:53:28 UTC 2021

Thanks for all the support concerning the ETC Color Source SPOT deep blue
fixtures.  They are off at ETC for Warranty repair.  Only cost a little
over $1000 to ship them to Wisconsin.

However, I have another question for the wisdom of the list.

The little theatre that I am working with in South West Florida intends to
mount a production of LifeSpan of a Fact in late October.  After minimizing
the issue early on, the director is now pretty insistent that we project
the "texted" portions of the play on 2 or more screens (we are in the
round).  For those not familiar with the play, at certain points some
variation of the 3 characters text (or email) each other with questions &
words, backspacing, deleting in real time.

I have briefly played with an old copy of PowerPoint & am not satisfied
that I can get the animations to emulate real-time typing & editing.  The
timing between keystrokes is too long (even set at 0) & I haven't been able
to reverse the effect to delete letters one-at-a-time.  This may be a
function of my old version of PowerPoint as I don't get the same screens as
shown on tutorials & not as many options.

Can anyone on the list suggest a source for the text already prepared in
PowerPoint or other non-proprietary format, or suggestions as to how this
may be accomplished?

--
Steven J McLean
515-480-8461