[SML] An open message to Randy Davidson

Michael Powers mptecdir at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 19:46:15 UTC 2021

Randy Davidson, to a generation of   Riggers, safety inspectors et al, we
knew you as “Dr. Doom!  You taught us so many ways to make our world and
our work a safer place. I don’’t think it’s possible to count the number of
lives you have helped to save over the years. Little did I realize when we
were first introduced in 1971, that you were helping me to begin and to
thrive, in a long and happy career.  I am a far better person for having
known you, and the world is a far, far better place because of your
presence.  Now that  you have finally left us, you leave a deep void that
will take a very, very long time, if ever, to even begin to fill.--
Michael Powers
USMC ’66-’68
ETCP cert. rigger #820 (ret’d)