[SML] tornados

mouse at fieldmousepro.com mouse at fieldmousepro.com
Mon Dec 13 00:53:34 UTC 2021

Thanks for the prayers.

I'm in the Nashville, TN area. We got hit with 2 of them, just north &
south of downtown, though Kentucky had a much worse go of it.

The Nashville electric utility has a real-time map of electric outages.
At its peak, the map was a solid blob, with over 70,000 customers
without power. The crews around here have done a great job, and they've
got that number down to around 7,000 as of tonight.

The winds in my neighborhood had radar estimates of around 80 MPH. I've
been through some bad storms, but this was the first one that got close
enough to make me actually shelter under the stairs for a few minutes
while it passed. Of course, having the power go out right before it hit
probably amped up the fear factor a wee bit. :)

Stephen