[SML] Plastic for practicals

Joe jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 15 04:56:07 UTC 2021

I am trying to avoid glass on stage, as much as possible. And in Diary of Anne Frank, we want to have some practicals on stage.  I've chosen a table lamp that is metal, and even made a ceiling light fixture that is from a plastic cut-glass type of bowl, but the light bulb is now the issue.  In both fixtures, the bulb itself is somewhat visible.

I have seen LED bulbs that had plastic lenses, but those have an opaque lower half, and the light only comes out the upper half.

All the other one's I've been able to examine, use glass.
Does anyone know of LED bulbs, that aren't obviously LED bulbs, have plastic lenses? I slightly prefer clear, but frosted is OK as well. And of course, must be dimmable. (I know they won't dim smoothly down to 0).
-Joe