[SML] An Apology

Joe jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 20:53:20 UTC 2021

In the past, the list has gone through times when I would receive multiple copies of a message. Also, at time replies were greatly delayed, sometimes by a day or two.  In fact, this contributed to one of the criticisms I received.  I had received a private copy of Dave's apology, where he misunderstood my earlier message. But, the public version only appeared in my mailbox several hours later.
Concerning racism, my original sarcasm was not designed to trivialize this important subject. But, rather to criticize those who imagine racism where none exists. And thus, diminish true claims of racism.

Also, I think the only true institutional racism that seems to be widespread is on college campuses, where being the wrong race is a count against you for admissions. Some cultures, such as Asian, value education very highly, and others have different priorities in life.  And culturally, I would not have sought a college degree if it meant going into debt. Right or wrong, that means that different cultures will seek different things. This will be true in education, sports, business, and all aspects of life.  And so equality cannot mean sameness. If you try to make it so, you will be attacking those cultural differences. There are very few things in life, where being the wrong skin tone should disqualify you.

-Joe