[SML] job ethics

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 13:27:41 UTC 2021

Speaking strictly for myself, I will work a politcal event for "the
enemy camp" if I'm called to, but I'll donate the earned wages to a
politcal or social movement I believe in. For example, all the money I
earned for the very few Trump rallies I worked this past fall was
donated to Planned Parenthood and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

I have an obligation to work an event under contract in a venue that
my Local holds a CBA with, as the venue is the employer, not the
visiting client. But what I do with the money I earn is up to me.

HTH, HAND, &c...
--
Dave Vick
President, IATSE #274