[SML] [EXTERNAL] Nimbus Wiring Diagram

Jeffrey Kanyuck JKanyuck at Harford.edu
Thu Jul 1 20:59:34 UTC 2021

Have you tried putting the first heating element on the second heating elements circuit to see if it actually heats up?

________________________________
From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> on behalf of Jonathan Zitelman via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 1, 2021 4:36 PM
To: Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Cc: Jonathan Zitelman <jzstagecraft at gmail.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [SML] Nimbus Wiring Diagram

Please use caution: This email was generated outside of HCC.

I'm running into issues troubleshooting a Chuavet Nimbus.  It was purchased second hand and the primary heating element doesn't seem to work.  Upon inspection there was some damage on the circuit board.  Despite installing a replacement controller board, the primary element still will not heat up.  The second element heats up no problem when connected.

I have traced continuity across all connections and cannot find any issues.  All the connections on the circuit board appear to be correct when comparing the two elements (all cables were marked when swapping the boards), but I am wondering if the previous owner may have tried to do a repair and switched a wire or two.

It seems to be a simple enough circuit, but I was curious if anyone has a wiring diagram available just so I can verify the connections.

Ford, is this something that Chauvet makes available by chance?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan