[SML] Producing a Play

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 18:59:08 UTC 2021

Interesting question. My initial reaction was nothing to maybe $50k for a
few universities for a major production.  Most websites tend to look at
high schools - probably because high schools out number university
community and professional combined by 5 to 10 times. One interesting link:
https://ticketpeak.site/high-school-musicals-budgets-and-other-numbers/
I can't vouch for data but suggests range larger than I imagined with a
third of hs spending over $30k on musicals. I know alot pay their pit
orchestra so that us royalties is a big chunk.
Good luck and please share your findings!