[SML] Producing a Play

Allison Koster kosteral at juno.com
Tue Jul 13 18:24:17 UTC 2021

Daniel--
Have you given thought to contacting other colleges of similar size in your general region and asking what their budgets are?  Peers are usually the "best" route, because they understand your plight and are usually willing to help.  (I don't think a publication is going to give you much useful information).  You're likely to find a bit of a range (e.g. Augustana likely throws more money at shows than Dakota State does), but it'll be more attenuated to your setting.  Plus my experience has found that college administrators are more easily able to understand tangible entities like "sister institutions" or "institutions in our region", and are far less dismissive of them vs. giving them data from some schools on one of the coasts.

Your school's sportzball conference might be a logical place to start.

Good luck.
Allison Koster
Moorhead, MN