[SML] 1940s kitchen

Joe jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 16:21:58 UTC 2021

   From the Skiny Screws thread, Paul Guncheon via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>What are you building?My question about screws was generic, so it is avariety of things.

Right now I am buliding for Diary of Anne Frank. The actors are on stage a lot of time, so they need busy work to do. The kitchen will be an active area.

The two items that are my own task, are a 1930's era gas cook stove and a sink.  For the stove base,  took an end table with cabriole legs, and removed the top.  I got a gas cook top from an auction for a few dollars, and am using the burner grill from that for the stove top.
The sink will look like a white enameled sink. These typically protrude above the counter top about 1/2".  I have a hutch base that is mising a door. So, will just cut a hole, and add some 1/2" ply scraps to form the sink, and with my routner apply 1/2" fillet around it.  The missing doors will be handled by using curtains (probably looking like flour sacks) in the openings.

-Joe