[SML] moving update

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Sat May 8 16:52:00 UTC 2021

For the time being we're in central Illinois staying with friends.  If
anyone in the area would like to meet up, we're available and have our
car with us.

Currently preliminary plan is from here we'll go to Tashkent,
Uzbekistan, we know an engineering student there who will gladly help us
find an apartment and show us around.  The common languages are Uzbek
and Russian (used to be part of the Soviet Union).  Looking on Google
Earth we see a lot of signs in English too, as it's the capitol city it
would make sense.  The main international airport is there so lots of
foreigners.

Due to their low COVID rates, Russia will probably open the border in a
few months for people who have been in Uzbekistan past a quarantine
period.  Opening to people from the USA is unknown so this gets us most
of the way there and has the best chance of early entry.

They have also started issuing Sputnik V injections, so we maybe we
could get that there.  In any case they and Russia have no mandates for
vaccine and limited mask and other mandates.

So, as the bumper stickers that we got when working with the Cousteau
team say:  DESTINATION UNKNOWN

--
Jerry Durand, WhatsApp, Telegram, VK, Signal, Gab
www.DurandInterstellar.com & www.Durandinterstellar.ru