[SML] Failing CD80 rack

mcgowta at nv.ccsd.net mcgowta at nv.ccsd.net
Wed Nov 17 22:15:43 UTC 2021

Rack controller with fan or a card?

Tom McGowan
Las Vegas Academy of the Arts
Performing Arts Center Theater Manager
mcgowta at nv.ccsd.net
702.493.9309

-----Original Message-----
From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> On Behalf Of Andrew
Vance via Stagecraft
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2021 10:41 AM
To: Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Cc: Andrew Vance <atvanceld at gmail.com>
Subject: [SML] Failing CD80 rack

The space I'm working in has five racks of CD80s [I know], and one appears
to be failing. Rack 2 keeps going into panic mode and the active processor
LED goes dark. After a few seconds [or minutes at times], it returns to
normal. Following advice from the internet, I reset power to the rack, which
seems to work for awhile. This behavior occurs whether the lightboard is on
or off. But its intermittent, meaning it occurred yesterday morning, but was
fine the rest of the day. Then it started happening again this morning.
So my questions are: Anything I can do to mitigate this situation? I fear
its the control card failing. Does anyone have a spare control card [or two]
laying around that I could beg/borrow/buy off you? [Im located in LA if that
helps.]

Thoughts?
--
Sincerely,