[SML] hotel riser mysteries

*Hobbit* hobbit at avian.org
Tue Nov 23 16:58:51 UTC 2021

Having dealt with a pretty nasty set of typical "butterfly" folding 6x8
stage risers at a hotel last weekend, I got to wondering if anyone supplies
parts and/or rebuild kits, such that facilities can actually do something
when the platforms invariably get ratty and often downright unsafe.  But
googling around, I can't even determine who *makes* the typical steel and
plywood ones we find in most ballrooms, and failed to squint at one long
enough to find a brand when I was on-site.  [Y'know, the ones with the
yellow painted tubing down near the wheels and the inter-platform hooks
that never work right.]

So, 1> does someone know who makes the things, and 2> is the idea of
rebuilding/improving them feasible as opposed to just buying new?  [And
then what do you do with the old ones?]

Perhaps if the house guys didn't beat the crap out of these things the way
they typically do, they'd last longer...

_H*