[SML] A very late status update

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Sun Sep 19 06:17:19 UTC 2021

We finally made it to our new place, moving in and getting all the
paperwork done has been keeping us "a little" busy.

Short pdate letter here:

https://durandinterstellar.com/photos/Newsletters/2021-09-16_Leaving_the_USA.pdf

Our pictures here:

https://durandinterstellar.com/photos/Our_New_Home/

I need to start finding and posting the pictures from the past month+,
those will be back dated and put in as I find them.

Events so far:

Arrived in Krasnodar 14 September to be met by two crazy ladies (our
sponsor and our lawyer) and driven to our new place.

Found out how much dust there still was from sanding the newly "hard
plastered" walls.

Got our arrival PCR random number generator test and passed.

Had an issue with our Internet connection so the technician came by (on
a Sunday!) and swapped out our fiber modem/router under warranty.  The
new one he put in is 3x faster so no complaints there.

Received 6 month temporary residency cards, longer is pending additional
paperwork... some of it hasn't arrived yet from the US Gov.

Bought a car, a Niva Legend Urban.  Turns out it's the LAST Legend sold
in this region, possibly the country.  Due to the parts shortage, the
factory had been stopped and then a few days after we got ours it was
closed and all workers let go.

Received our INN numbers, like Social Security.  They're back dated to
2019 when our house got the occupancy permit so they can send us a tax
bill.  We're mostly exempt due to age, but it makes their paperwork clean.

Trips to the grocery store, to the main city of Krasnodar for various
paperwork, trips to the Ozon pickup point (like Amazon used to be, just
about anything delivered free to pickup point... fast and cheap).

Oh yes, groceries, friends here left us some food so we wouldn't
starve... The freezer had a duck, goose, rabbit, various fish, various
meat filled pasta... and we also were given a big sack of beets and
carrots.  A lot of this was from personal farms.  Nobody starves here.

Still not used to being able to take a shower for as long and hot as we
want without worry about water and fuel usage penalties like we had in
California.  Water and natural gas are cheap.