[SML] We need a new cyc

Greg Bierly gbierly at dejazzd.com
Mon Sep 27 16:40:55 UTC 2021

We replaced our US cyc in 2014.  We purchased a FR White Seamless Hvy-Wt Muslin Drop 22’Hx 60’ Wide Sewn Flat. Web/Grommets/ties at the top 12” centers Pipe Pocket Bottom Lined w/Cordura.  Purchased from Rose Brand for $3300 (2014).  It has held up very well for us.  I use 1/2” galvanized water pipe as the bottom pipe.  The pipe did get a bent at one point but other than that no real issues.  We use it as a front projection surface all the time and are pleased with the results (7000lm at 80’+ throw).  If purchasing in the future, I would probably look at an IFR solution.  I do have black masking legs on the same pipe US of the cyc (same pipe) in front of my garage doors on the US wall to avoid light bleed through.

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Coordinator
Hempfield High School