[SML] Door closers

Johnson, Philip Philip.Johnson at tamucc.edu
Mon Sep 27 18:10:57 UTC 2021

Hello

I am looking for suggestions for new door closers for my black box.   The ones we have were installed in the 70’s and are quite noisy.  They make sounds like springs being extended and put back.   These are commercial doors at a university and I need a manufacturer and model or a spec I can give the physical plant to install

Anyone have any luck with finding really quiet ones?   We are all hyper sensitive to any noise in a theatre but I fell like if the show is good people won’t be distracted by door sounds.   However,  I would like to have a solution should the funds arise.   I have seen closers at the big box stores, just looking for a solution

Thanks

Professor Philip Johnson
Lighting,, Sound, Media, Theatre Technology
Texas A&M – Corpus Christi
(he, him, his)