[SML] Creating Fake Neon Sign

Greg Bierly gbierly at dejazzd.com
Tue Aug 9 03:08:55 UTC 2022

I found the photo of the sign.  This was not a production photo, this is hanging in our wings under the loading bridge and some of the LED’s have burned out.  As mentioned before the perimeter is on one circuit, the dim “M” is on its own circuit and the rest of the letters are on a third circuit.  The sign is about 6’ h x 15’ wide made with 3 pieces of 3/4” ply.  The red PEX is inserted in a fully cut out slot while the white air tubing is only cut to half depth.  The iPhone 6 photo does the colors no justice.  It really does look great (like neon)  in person for a fraction of the cost of “non-neon”

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Coordinator
Hempfield High School