[SML] Electrical question

mouse at fieldmousepro.com mouse at fieldmousepro.com
Tue Aug 16 13:20:17 UTC 2022

I doubt that your power simply being turned back on was the cause of
their demise; otherwise, the normal act of plugging and unplugging them
would kill them. However, if the power outage included some sort of
voltage spike, dip, or other form of bad power, that might have killed
them. Of course, you also said that you haven't used them in a long
while. Is it possible that they died some time ago and you just hadn't
noticed until now?

Clive has torn apart a lot of 5v USB power supplies over the years. He's
mentioned that the Apple chargers tend to be built to a high standard,
albeit at a much higher price point.

Stephen