[SML] Selling things

Philip Johnson corpus.crispy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 15:14:29 UTC 2022

I was looking at this after it was mentioned this morning.  It sounds like
it might work but I'm wondering about the price. They have several
diffusion filters to adapt the NSP to wider angles.  Thanks for the info

Phil Johnson

On Fri, Dec 9, 2022 at 9:01 AM Greg Bierly via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Google didn’t find it.  I am assuming you are referring to Luxapel
> formerly Luxium.  I had demoed the ZR series a number of years ago and was
> impressed with their color output and innovation.  It wasn’t going to work
> in the application that I had at the time but certainly I product I have
> kept my eye on.  The Primo looks like a nice product.
>
> Greg Bierly
>
> > On Dec 9, 2022, at 1:24 AM, John Palmer via Stagecraft <
> stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> >
> > There is an option for a drop-in LED engine that will fit either PAR 64
> or PAR 56 fixtures.
> > It is a product from Luxipel called Primo.  It is an RGBW and Lime light
> source.  Here is the blow your socks off part…it holds up in intensity to a
> PAR 64 NSP in open white.  In color, it is brighter.  Oh, and they are made
> in Oregon.
> > I bought 13 of them to try out.  12 to make up one backlight wash plus 1
> spare.  Last week was there inaugural week of shows, and both my assistant
> and I were extremely pleased with how they performed.  We went from 5 color
> washes totaling 60kW of NSP to 18kW plus 12x90W of LED and have more
> horsepower and all the color options we could want.
> > We have a lot of pre-rig truss at Cerritos.  I was looking for an option
> to let us keep the look of the pre-rig and not be trashing 30 lamp bars.
> > The light source is back in the can, so the audience doesn’t see the
> individual emitters.  With a cut of diffusion media in the color frame, it
> has the appearance from the audience of just being a PAR.  The proximity of
> emitters to the front of most LED washes is not my favorite look.
> > Given that my concert down wash is something approaching 130 PAR 56
> cans, I really want these to work out in the long run.
> >
> > John

Phil Johnson