[SML] Primo LED fixtures

John Palmer johndpalmer at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 14 19:54:18 UTC 2022

Hi David,
To answer
Just a few of (your) Kerjillion Questions.

How well do they render color?
  Very well.  As you know, Lime is an amazing equalizer with color rendering
I see they support "Wireless DMX". What protocol?
  It is an option.  I believe it is WDMX.
I see they support a configuration app and Bluetooth, Do they support RDM? P.S. I'd suggest they look at NFC instead of Bluetooth. ?
  No RDM.  (I wish) The Bluetooth is through a plug in  chip.  They are packing this into a small package and keeping cost down.  I would love to see 16bit rendering among some other things.
Do profiles exist for them in consoles or did you have to create one?
  I adapted a profile for the Fuze pendant.
With the W channel can you incorporate into your color mixing or is a separate entity?
  The Fuze had W and L, so I have the color mixing capabilities

I did use the Primos with a symphony setup.  I had a wash of diffused PARs that was a little too spotty, so I added the Primos.  You couldn’t tell the difference from the audience, and I had no complaints from the stage.

John