[SML] Stained Glass using Fluorescent or other methods

Paul Guncheon pguncheon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 20:29:09 UTC 2022

I have used gift wrap cellophane, attached with Scotch tape, for color in
stage intended stained glass.

The base has usually been "pebble" or "crackle" pattern drop-in ceiling
light fixture panels... with the pattern on the onstage side of the window.

"Leading" has always been done with "Mor-Tite" or what is known as "rope
caulk" pressed over lines drawn on a layout.

The onstage face of the window was usually washed with thin grey latex
washed, and accented with a black wash, particularly along the leading, to
mimic what a stained glass looks like when it is not illuminated from
behind.

The windows I have made look real up to about eighteen inches away.

I'm not sure how the "illumining from the front" will be stronger than what
is reflected from whatever panel is behind the window... but then I'm not a
lighting guy and have always been able to light from behind... usually with
a light box.

Paul 1