[SML] Music stands

Joe Wilson faderjockey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 21:45:31 UTC 2022

I'm going to be the odd duck and say that we replaced all our Manhasset
Model 48 stands with Wenger Roughnecks several years ago and have not
regretted it once.

They are rock solid and can hold enough weight to double as a trap table if
we get desperate.

We were constantly repairing the Manhassets: broken desk swivels, loose
foot bolts, etc.  We did find that once the desk swivel breaks, the body
makes a great adjustable height clip light stand for prop tables, though.

The Wenger Roughnecks have been pretty trouble-free, once we got everyone
trained on the squeeze-to-release mechanism.  I can't say the same about
Wenger's other models of stands.  The Classic 50 with the plastic desk is
not a good choice.

--
Joe Wilson, ATD/Sound

Adding one more "me too" to the