[SML] Low temp glue gun for polyethylene foam?

Joe jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 18:42:35 UTC 2022

In regard to the Pill Berry Bush, that I made with the spring wire in the messages I sent a  short time ago, I also ran into issues with my hot glue gun.  I used hot glue to cover the wire with a combination of pool noodles, and backing rod.

Years ago, I recall owning a dual-temperature hot glue gun that didn't melt pool noodles much at all. I've read that the foam is polyethylene foam.  The glue gun I own now, even on the low temperature setting, does a lot more melting than I recall my old one doing.  I have the same issue with backing rod foam.
I also recall, that years ago, you would choose the glue stick based on if it was a high or low temperature gun that you were using.  But, now, I only see one kind in local stores, which is labeled "dual temperature", if it refers to a temperature at all.

I know there are glue guns for very low temperature, that are used for the glue that holds a new credit card to paper.  But those are made quite differently, and I know are very expensive. So, that is not the type I am seeking.  I did run across the "Surebonder KD160F Ultra Low Temp Glue Gun." But, they don't list the specific temperature. And I don't want to be so low-temp, that things are at risk of coming apart in the heat of a car.
Any recommendations?
-Joe